How to release
- Make sure you're on master and synced to HEAD
- Ensure the project builds and tests run (sanity check only, obviously)
parallel -j0 exec ::: test/*_test can help ensure everything at least
- Prepare release notes
git log $(git describe --abbrev=0 --tags)..HEAD gives you the list of
commits between the last annotated tag and HEAD
- Pick the most interesting.
- Create a release through github's interface
- Note this will create a lightweight tag.
- Update this to an annotated tag:
git pull --tags
git tag -a -f <tag> <tag>
git push --force origin