llvm.org GIT mirror llvm / release_34 test / Unit / lit.cfg

Tree @release_34 (Download .tar.gz)

lit.cfg @release_34raw · history · blame

# -*- Python -*-

# Configuration file for the 'lit' test runner.

import os

import lit.formats

# name: The name of this test suite.
config.name = 'LLVM-Unit'

# suffixes: A list of file extensions to treat as test files.
config.suffixes = []

# test_source_root: The root path where tests are located.
# test_exec_root: The root path where tests should be run.
llvm_obj_root = getattr(config, 'llvm_obj_root', None)
if llvm_obj_root is not None:
    config.test_exec_root = os.path.join(llvm_obj_root, 'unittests')
    config.test_source_root = config.test_exec_root

# testFormat: The test format to use to interpret tests.
llvm_build_mode = getattr(config, 'llvm_build_mode', "Debug")
config.test_format = lit.formats.GoogleTest(llvm_build_mode, 'Tests')

# Propagate the temp directory. Windows requires this because it uses \Windows\
# if none of these are present.
if 'TMP' in os.environ:
    config.environment['TMP'] = os.environ['TMP']
if 'TEMP' in os.environ:
    config.environment['TEMP'] = os.environ['TEMP']

# Propagate path to symbolizer for ASan/MSan.
    if symbolizer in os.environ:
        config.environment[symbolizer] = os.environ[symbolizer]


# Check that the object root is known.
if config.test_exec_root is None:
    # Otherwise, we haven't loaded the site specific configuration (the user is
    # probably trying to run on a test file directly, and either the site
    # configuration hasn't been created by the build system, or we are in an
    # out-of-tree build situation).

    # Check for 'llvm_unit_site_config' user parameter, and use that if available.
    site_cfg = lit_config.params.get('llvm_unit_site_config', None)
    if site_cfg and os.path.exists(site_cfg):
        lit_config.load_config(config, site_cfg)
        raise SystemExit

    # Try to detect the situation where we are using an out-of-tree build by
    # looking for 'llvm-config'.
    # FIXME: I debated (i.e., wrote and threw away) adding logic to
    # automagically generate the lit.site.cfg if we are in some kind of fresh
    # build situation. This means knowing how to invoke the build system
    # though, and I decided it was too much magic.

    llvm_config = lit.util.which('llvm-config', config.environment['PATH'])
    if not llvm_config:
        lit_config.fatal('No site specific configuration available!')

    # Get the source and object roots.
    llvm_src_root = lit.util.capture(['llvm-config', '--src-root']).strip()
    llvm_obj_root = lit.util.capture(['llvm-config', '--obj-root']).strip()

    # Validate that we got a tree which points to here.
    this_src_root = os.path.join(os.path.dirname(__file__),'..','..')
    if os.path.realpath(llvm_src_root) != os.path.realpath(this_src_root):
        lit_config.fatal('No site specific configuration available!')

    # Check that the site specific configuration exists.
    site_cfg = os.path.join(llvm_obj_root, 'test', 'Unit', 'lit.site.cfg')
    if not os.path.exists(site_cfg):
        lit_config.fatal('No site specific configuration available!')

    # Okay, that worked. Notify the user of the automagic, and reconfigure.
    lit_config.note('using out-of-tree build at %r' % llvm_obj_root)
    lit_config.load_config(config, site_cfg)
    raise SystemExit

# If necessary, point the dynamic loader at libLLVM.so.
if config.enable_shared:
    shlibpath = config.environment.get(config.shlibpath_var,'')
    if shlibpath:
        shlibpath = os.pathsep + shlibpath
    shlibpath = config.shlibdir + shlibpath
    config.environment[config.shlibpath_var] = shlibpath